For your auto parts needs, you can explore the whole nine-acre yard of Boss Wrecking Hemmant. It is one of the biggest stockists of car parts this side of Brisbane, whether it’s recycled or new car parts you’re after.
If you love to DIY, you can do just that because Boss Wrecking offers self-serve parts searching. Just call them ahead to make sure they have the car (make/model) you want to extract parts from.
Of course, full yard service is also available. Just the same, you need to call so they can prepare the parts before you pick them up.
They also offer other services, and the next few sections will highlight those.
Services Offered by Boss Wrecking Hemmant
Boss Wrecking is known for having the largest inventory of used Honda car parts in Brisbane, but they also trade all car brands, whether American, Asian, or European.
As mentioned earlier, you can avail of their self-serve (pull a part) or full-service yard offerings to find the auto part you need.
- Self-serve yard – find and extract automobile parts and accessories yourself. I’d say that if you want to lose yourself, this 9-acre yard would be the best place to do that. Boss Wrecking recommends that you bring your own tools and wear proper clothing and shoes. You must also be at least 18 years old, and don’t bring kids with you.
- Full-service yard – if you’re not handy with tools and car parts, no problem. Boss Wrecking’s skilled and friendly people are more than willing to help. Call them ahead so they can extract and prepare the auto part for pick-up, delivery, or shipping.
- Engine and gearbox fitting – Boss Wrecking is not only an auto parts specialist but also an engine and gearbox fitment specialist. They have a vast collection of engines/gearboxes for passenger cars, pickup trucks, 4x4s, and vans. For the fitting services, they promise to complete the job in one day and return your vehicle to you the next, all covered with a 3-month warranty.
- New auto parts – it’s not only recycled parts that you can buy from Boss Wrecking; you can also find new auto parts, and they’re adding more to this collection regularly.
- Car removal/Cash for cars – what are wreckers if they didn't buy, remove, and wreck cars? Boss Wreckers will buy your rusty heap and pay good cash for it, so find how to contact them now!
Contact Details of Boss Wreckers Brisbane Southside
- Phone: (07) 3171 2837
- Phone: (07) 3390 4555
- Address: 217 Fleming Rd, Hemmant QLD 4174
- Trading hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Reviews about Boss Wrecking
Reviews about Boss Wrecking, Hemmant Wreckers Brisbane Southside often mentioned fair prices and a high level of professionalism. Here are a few snippets of what people say about them.
- Staff are friendly and helpful on the phone and on-site; always willing to help
- Good/competitive/fair price for the auto parts; wide variety of cars and parts
- Location is easy to find
- Excellent service; a bit blunt at the transaction aspect, but overall good experience
- Old-school pull-your-own-part yard for old vehicles, you can look around and pick what you need; for newer vehicles, the staff will pull the part for you
- Even when they don’t have the part you need, they’ll look it up in their system and help you locate it from the other wreckers in their network
- However, a few reviews said they were not going back because of unsatisfactory customer service; rusty parts; poor communication; timewasters
- Quick service, the guys know their stuff very well (Justin, Dave, and Jason are frequent special mentions), low price compared to other wreckers
- Good range of Honda parts but quite expensive
- A clean and safe place
In some of the reviews, customers mentioned that they’ve been coming here for years whenever they needed auto parts (one said he'd been a customer for 25 years, another for 30, and still another said 40 years!) With those affirmations, we really can’t say more—or need to.