Used car parts can be a big budget-saver when money is an issue. At times, even with the money, a specific new car part may be out of stock, out of production, or rare to find in the market. All these factors make used auto parts the best option for most car owners seeking to repair their car or completing a project. This article lists the top 10 used car part sources in the country.
Unfortunately, the used auto parts market is not like a drive-in-and-buy market. Worse, it is full of conmen and middle-men ready to take advantage of unsuspecting buyers. You can be easily swayed into buying the wrong part or a defective product or the right part but at an inflated price.
Luckily, there are genuine used car part suppliers in Australia who will give great value for your money. We highly recommend checking them out first before going somewhere else. Here are the top 10 who made it to our list:
1. Smart Parts - is an award-winning auto wrecking company in Victoria that began operations over 11 years ago. The company won the first Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce (VACC) award for the Best Auto Recycler in 2016. They have a computerised inventory that helps buyers to search online for the available parts. By simply entering a vehicle's brand, model, and year of production, the system will immediately generate a search result of the available parts. You can instantly confirm the availability of the component that you need. They have a stock of over half a million pieces, and they dismantle vehicles every day. Their inventory includes parts for Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Ford, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Land Rover, Volkswagen, Isuzu, Hyundai, Jeep, and Holden, among others. They not only list the available parts in stock but also the vehicles they are currently dismantling.
2. Parts Plus - this is not an individual car part supplier but a group of wreckers spread throughout Queensland, Victoria, and New South Wales. It is one of the largest entities supplying used car parts in Australia. Member-wreckers are linked by a common online platform from which you can search for the needed car part and which will direct you to the member with the part. The group has over a million car parts in stock for Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, and Holden, among many other makes used in Australia. Whether the spare part you are interested in buying is for a small car, a passenger vehicle, a truck, 4×4 or a commercial vehicle, your chances of getting one is high since there are multiple suppliers under one platform. They give you an option of either ordering the part to be delivered to your place or picking the spare part from the member suppliers. Each member of the group has a computerised inventory that you can go through for an easier search of the parts. You may also access the list of the vehicles they are currently dismantling. The quality of the parts is assessed before registering. Depending on the quality of the piece, they give a 3, 6 or 12-month money-back guarantee as assurance.
3. ASV Euro Car Part – this is a family-owned car parts supplier that started over 30 years ago as a mechanical workshop in Sydney. The supplier has made an identity as a stockist mainly of European car parts and a few American and Asian vehicle car parts. Their stock includes parts for Tesla, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porche, Jaguar, Land Rover, Ferrari, Volvo, Peugeot, Renault, Skoda, Citroen, Maserati, Fiat, Alfa, Saab, Smart, and Mini. Their reach has also expanded beyond Sydney with a national network across Australia and New Zealand. They sell parts both locally and internationally. They have a robust online platform that enables cost-efficient operations and includes parts information such as the color, quality, quantity and the location where to find every part.
4. Dismantle Group PTY LTD - another family-owned wrecking company based in Coolaroo, Victoria. They wreck and stock used car parts of the majority of the vehicles used in Australia including Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Ford, Mitsubishi, Kia, Suzuki and Holden, among other makes. From their website, you may enquire for any auto part you need and have it delivered wherever in Australia or picked from their workshop. Dismantle Group PTY LTD also lists the vehicle they are currently dismantling on the website, allowing clients to book the parts in advance.
5. Toyrolla - not to be confused with Toyota, is an independent car parts supplier in Melbourne with no affiliation with Toyota Group of Companies. They stock parts for different car models, including 4×4 and commercial vehicle parts. Their delivery network stretches across Australia. You only need to call them, and they will deliver what you need.
6. QLD Wreckers - a secondhand car parts supplier, based in Brisbane that has been in operation for over 20 years. They have a massive stock of Australian, European, Japanese, Korean, and American parts and stock both modern vehicles and classic vehicles car parts including Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Range Rover, Kia and Subaru parts among many other. Their online platform gives the client the convenience of requesting for a spare part from wherever they are in Australia and have it couriered to their location. QLD staff even goes the extra mile of sourcing the spare part for the client if they don’t have the spare part in stock. Their warranty on selected parts varies from 1 to 3 months.
7. Niss4×4 Autospares - is a Melbourne-based supplier that specialises in wrecking and supplying Nissan OEM secondhand parts. The NISS4×4 stocks engines, transmissions, steering, and body panel parts for all Nissan models and their trims, including Nissan 4×4s, SUVs, sedan, minivans, crossovers, and truck, among others. As a specialist in a specific brand, NISS4x4 ensures that clients get genuine parts, and there is the availability of even the rarest Nissan parts in the market. Clients can browse the available car parts and get a free quote from their websites and also get information about the vehicles they are currently wrecking on in their Adelaide or Melbourne workshops.
8. AUS Auto Parts - is another Melbourne-based car part dealer with over 20 years in the business and has a capacity of dismantling over 20 vehicles daily in their five warehouses. They can also store over 400 complete cars. They boast of an organised delivery network that can deliver the majority of the ordered parts within 24 hours to any part of Australia. They dismantle and stock parts for almost all models and make released in Australia. The Aus Auto Parts’ computerised inventory simplifies car parts search. You may search and place your order online on their website or through an email, a phone call, or a visit to their workshop.
9. JJ (Just Japanese) Auto Parts - is a car wrecking and recycling company that has been in the used car parts selling the business for over 30 years, having started in 1986. They initially dealt with Japanese cars and later expanded to wrecking also American, EU and other vehicles. They have a physical store (one of the biggest warehouses in a single site containing over 100,000 car parts), a website where they list their products, and also an eBay store from where customers can search and find what they need and place their orders. Their website also has a ‘wrecking now’ update section from where you can view the vehicles they are currently wrecking. JJ Auto Parts also has one of the top-ranking delivery networks, which dispatches deliveries twice a day within Sydney and overnight delivery to other areas in Australia. All their parts are assessed and graded, and most of the pieces come with an unlimited KM warranty.
10. Central Motor Wreckers - is one of the oldest car wreckers in Australia with over 50 years in the business having started operations back in 1965. From their website, clients can easily search what they need and confirm the availability of the part. They stock parts for different car makes and models, including 4WDs and both commercial and passenger vehicles.
The above are among the leading suppliers of used car parts in Australia. Some of them are affiliated with Carpart.com.au, which can link you to sellers and certified wreckers. Once you place an order, you will start receiving offers within minutes from suppliers who have the part you specified. So search and place the car part you require from our website today! Also, feel free to explore our blog section for highly informative pieces.