The Volvo C30 was produced by Volvo Cars from 2006 to 2013 as a compact 3-door hatchback with a front-engine, front-wheel-drive layout. As it was based on the Ford C1 or Volvo P1 platform, it represented the variant of the Volvo S40, V50, and C70 with I4 and I5 engines. Its design was similar to the P1800 ES and the 480 featuring rear styling and frameless glass rear hatch.
The C30’s pre-production concepts included:
- The Volvo SCC, which featured a suite of impressive safety equipment like information projected on the windscreen, blind-spot alert, lane-keeping warning, cruise control, flashing brake lights during hard braking, safety cameras, enhanced human-machine interface, protection for pedestrians, and passive unlocking/engine starting
- 2006 SEMA concepts revealed in 2006 at the SEMA Show:
- The EVOLVE C30, which was equipped with a twin-turbo engine, an all-wheel-drive layout, the same suspension as Evolve’s S40 (2004) and 4-piston brake callipers
- The IPD C30, which was powered by a supercharged I5 engine, a nitrous tank, gull-wing doors, Alcantara seats, and Apple audio system
- The HEICO HS3 THOR with 2.5L turbo engine producing 221 kW and 420 Nm of torque
- 2006 Essen concepts unveiled at the Essen Motor Show:
- HEICO HS3 D5 with I5 diesel engine producing 151 kW and 400 Nm of torque and featured body kit, side skirts, and fender flares
- Thor _2, which was a variant of the HEICO HS3 THOR with an engine producing 184 kW and 360 Nm of torque
- Volvo ReCharge concept, which was a plug-in hybrid electric version unveiled in 2007 at the Frankfurt Motor Show featuring a 1.6L I4 flex-fuel engine with a top speed of 160km/h
The production version was introduced in 2006 at the Paris Motor Show, having a similar interior as its variants, such as instrument panel, and 'floating' centre stack and steering wheel.
The C30’s special editions included Volvo C30 Efficiency, Boston Red Sox edition, C30 R-Design, C30 Black Design, 2013 C30 Polestar Limited edition, C30 Polestar Performance Concept Prototyp, Range Extenders concepts, and C30 Drive Electric.
In Australia, it came in 2007 with the following powertrain options and equipment:
- LE, S - 2.4L petrol engine (125 kW and 230 Nm), 5-speed manual gearbox or 5-speed automatic transmission
- T5 and T5 R-Design - 2.5L petrol engine (162 kW, 320 Nm), 5-speed automatic transmission or 6-speed manual gearbox
- D5 - 2.4L diesel engine (132 kW, 350 Nm), 5-speed automatic transmission or 6-speed manual gearbox
- 2.0D, 2.0L diesel engine (100 kW, 320 Nm), 6-speed automatic transmission
- T5 S, and T5 S Lifestyle - 2.5L petrol engine (169 kW, 320 Nm), 5-speed automatic transmission or 6-speed manual gearbox
- 1.6 Drive - 1.6L diesel engine (84 kW, 270 Nm), 6-speed manual gearbox
- T5 R-Design Polestar - 2.5L petrol engine (184 kW, 370 Nm), 5-speed automatic transmission or 6-speed manual gearbox
The basic equipment covered dual front, head, and side front airbags, ABS, auto climate control with dual temp zones, 16-inch alloy wheels, brake assist, cruise control, EBD, front fog lights, engine immobiliser, leather steering wheel and upholstery, a trip computer, and traction control system.
The T5 added aluminium trim, 17-inch alloy wheels, dynamic stability control, rear spoiler, and xenon headlights.
The T5 R-Design added CD with 6-CD stacker, rear parking distance control, silk-metal-finished exterior trim, body kit with front and rear spoilers, colour-matched side-skirts, 17-inch 5-spoke Cratus aluminium wheels, chrome-plated sports tailpipes, tailgate spoiler, embossed R-Design emblem on the front seats, R-Design centre stack and panel inserts, leather and aluminium-trimmed gear lever knob, aluminium sports pedals, leather-trimmed sports steering wheel, and blue speedometer and rev counter gauges.
Euro NCAP gave the Volvo C30 a total of 5 stars, which included a rating of 91% for the safety provided to an adult occupant and 78% for a child occupant. The safety equipment of the tested model included blind spot information system, ABS, ESP, TCS, front, side and curtain airbags, and Intelligent Driver Information System. Therefore, the C30 won the Top Safety Pick award by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Carpart has a large assortment of cars and car parts, with sellers operating throughout the country. You may browse through what the sellers have posted on our classified section. Also, if you happen to have an old car you would like to dispose of, you may grab this chance to have that item viewed by thousands of possible buyers! So whether you’re buying or selling retired vehicles or auto parts, our website will be able to help you!
Author: Andrijana Pavlovic