Wreckers street talk (this is for a laugh so please don’t get offended)
So as the years go on, wreckers are slowly developing their own dictionary, just like how 50cent added “get the strap” to the Urban Dictionary www.urbandictionary.com. I think it’s time we pay homage to the language of the wreckers, I like to call it wrecklingo, let’s be honest with each phone call comes a different personality, some very easy to deal with and some very hard to deal with, below I have constructed a few one liners, that helps deal with all type of walks of life! ENJOY
1. The car was hit in the fuse box, he really means – parts only warranty
2. The car didn’t have a key when it came in, he really means – I can’t remember for the life of me if its tested or not.
3. I’m waiting for the freight company to get back to me, he really means – It’s not even out the car yet.
4. The driver has left, he won’t be far away, he really means - The driver is still in the lunch room.
5. Someone must have marked it wrong, he really means, I knew it was marked wrong, I just gave you anything to get you out of my store.
6. I don’t know if I have any left, let me check – I know I got one, I’m just trying to get the right price.
7. My boss would kill me if I sold it any cheaper, he really means – My boss would kill me if I sold it any cheaper.
8. I went and checked you boot Gromit, sorry I don’t have one, he really means – I haven’t left my chair.
9. How much did I quote you, I can’t be bothered going through the quotes, he really is saying – I can’t remember how much I quoted you.
10. Sorry I can’t do it cheaper, he really means – you’re the 459th person today to try and crunch me and I’m over it.
11. I checked the paint code it was different, he really means – I didn’t check the paint code.
12. I accidently sent your part to the wrong person, he really means – I forgot to send it.
13. The freight company is conducting a search for your item, he really means – I forgot to send it.
14. I’m waiting for my freight broker to give me the tracking number, he really means – I forgot to send it.
15. When you tell him “the place around the corner is selling in cheaper” and he tells you to guy buy it then, he really means – go buy it then.
16. When you tell him that you can get it on eBay cheaper, and he says well go buy it then, he really means go buy it then.
17. When you tell a wrecker, “hey its roger how you been” and says, “good and you”, it really means I have no idea who you are.
18. When you ask a wrecker for the price of an engine, ask him to send photos and haggle on the price, only to tell them cause your thinking of buying a car with a stuffed engine, he says – “ok well let me know if you decide to go ahead” – what he really means can't be written on this website.
19. When you ask for a price, then follow it up with “do you know anywhere that will sell it cheaper?”, and he replies, yes try this place (07) 9999 92999 – What he really means is, this is the number to my worst enemy.
20. When you call up to tell them something has failed and he ask you “when did you buy it” – What he really means is, “plz plz plz let it be over 90 days old”
I will add to this as time goes on, so please check back
Let me know if you have anything to add e: Hello@carpart.com.au