Do you know that Mitsubishi brand is one of the cheapest automobiles in the world? However, this doesn't stop their models from being a quality and long-lasting cars.
Mitsubishi, which is known as one of the oldest brands, continues to produce some eye-catching, simple but quality cars that can compete with other brands including Nissan, Hyundai, Toyota, and Benz, among others.
Apart from Mitsubishi's established reputation, their cars are also made of sophisticated auto parts which make their models strong and hard.
Regardless of Mitsubishi's tough and rugged auto parts, it's inevitable that your car will get damage as time goes on and you will need to replace some of its parts.
Mitsubishi is one brand whose auto part could be easily replaced by an experienced installer. However, you need to get full knowledge about the different types of auto parts in the market before you choose the parts for your vehicles.
There are two major types of auto parts, they are — Aftermarket and OEM.
You must know that any Mitsubishi's products are somehow choosy when it comes to auto parts. So, you should be very wise while buying an auto part from your auto parts dealers. Let's quickly talk on the two listed auto parts.
Aftermarket parts are the products or auto parts produced by another brand but can perfectly fit into your Mitsubishi's car.
These parts could be created by Toyota, Hyundai or other automobile brands, yet they can replace any damaged parts of your vehicle.
Pros and Cons of Aftermarket Mitsubishi Parts
Pros of Aftermarket Mitsubishi Parts
- Readily Available: Just like every aftermarket parts for other cars, Mitsubishi's aftermarket parts are readily available in the automotive industry/market. They're easy to get and that's definitely going to save you from consuming time searching for them.
- Less Expensive: Aftermarket parts come at a relatively low price due to their availability. Economists believe a product's availability in the market has a major effect on its price. This is why Aftermarket parts OEM part are not too expensive.
- They Offer You More Buying Options: Since you're not limited to just one dealer or auto part shop, you have the chance to choose your product from different stores. You also have the privilege to compare the prices of two different car parts before going for your choices.
Cons of Aftermarket Mitsubishi Parts
- Incompatibility: Though aftermarket parts are easily seen in almost every automotive store, you could spend many hours looking for the parts that suit your car. As said earlier, Mitsubishi models are made of quality parts, it could be very stressful and difficult before you come across the parts that are perfectly made for your car.
- Unreliability: This auto parts are unreliable due to their untested quality. Over time, aftermarket auto parts are produced without passing through intense procedure. Therefore, their quality remains in doubt. You can't really depend on them to last you for a long time as they could develop fault unexpectedly.
- OEM Auto Part: These parts are created by the Mitsubishi's company before they are later sent to their marketing department for proper distribution of the products. OEM simply means Original Equipment Manufacturers which are very expensive. However, these auto parts are not seen in most vehicle/ automobile stores because only qualified dealers are allowed to partner with them.
Pros and Cons of Genuine OEM Mitsubishi Parts
Pros of OEM Mitsubishi Parts
- They are High-quality Products: Mitsubishi OEM auto is made from high-quality materials, so, you are certainly going to enjoy quality service from any OEM parts you purchase.
- Long Lifespan: Also known as instant genuine parts, OEM are long-lasting auto parts that can withstand some irregularities on the highway. You should be rest assured that none of your OEM parts will be faulty after two years of purchase.
- Compatibility: This is one of the greatest advantages an OEM has over aftermarket auto parts. This is because you will definitely find a part that perfectly suits your car. Though it might be difficult to find a store that sells an OEM part, it is certain you would find the parts that perfectly match your Mitsubishi's car once you luckily find an OEM store.
Cons of OEM Mitsubishi Parts
- Too Expensive: As said earlier, OEM products could only be found in a handful of stores so that makes it an expensive and scarce commodity. In addition, OEM auto parts are made from the intense production process. Therefore, it is unsurprising that they are pricey and expensive.
- Unavailability: Unlike the aftermarket auto parts, OEM parts are very scarce in the automotive market because they are only distributed to a handful of dealers. This is one of the reasons most car owners decide to go for aftermarket auto part because they can't withstand the stress of searching for an OEM part in the market.
Aside from these two disadvantages of an OEM part, there is no reason why you should forgo a quality and long-lasting auto part.
Mitsubishi's models could be strong and durable. However, they require maximum attention from their owners to remain in good shape. For you to provide the care needed by your car, you need to replace worn-out or damaged parts with quality one. It is advisable you go for an OEM part which gives you an assurance that you're secured and safeguard.
For any more information contact your local Mitsubishi Wrecker parts specialist, I'm sure they will be able to answer any further questions.