It’s no secret that there are plenty of great auto wreckers across Australia, and many of them specialise in specific brands or types of vehicles. So, if you’re looking for Mazda wreckers in particular, you’ve come to the right place.
Mazda wreckers are just like any other, offering you services for a car you want to sell. The price they’ll offer depends on several factors like your car’s condition, mileage, and whether it still has many usable parts. To get the best offer, always get more than one quotation before selling your car.
So, if you’re in the market specifically for Mazda wreckers, keep reading. We’ll tell you how to get the best deal from your Mazda wrecker and share with you our Top Picks for Mazda wreckers in the different states of Australia.
How to Get the Best Deal from Mazda Wreckers
Most auto wreckers will offer you cold cash for your old Mazda car, no matter what condition it might be in. However, the exact amount that they’ll offer you will depend on several factors.
Factors that Affect the Price a Wrecker Pays for Your Old Mazda
- Condition: Wreckers will buy cars in almost any state, even those that are total write-offs. Still, a Mazda that can start and run is undoubtedly worth more than one that doesn’t.
- Mileage: The higher the mileage, the more wear there is on the parts inside. When the wrecker can make more money on the car's parts, the more they'll be able to offer you for the vehicle.
- Usable Parts: Even Mazdas that have been wrecked will still have some working parts inside. The more of those parts are still salvageable, the more the vehicle is worth to a wrecker.
- Demand: The car parts in some Mazda models are more in-demand than others. So, if you’ve got one with parts that other Mazda owners are hard-pressed to find these days, the more money you’ll be able to fetch from selling your car.
With so many different factors to consider, it’s no surprise that wreckers work on a quotation basis. So, the first step in the selling process begins with you letting them know you’ve got a Mazda to sell. Then, they’ll check out your car and make an offer based on what they think it’s worth.
Handy Tips Before You Sell Your Old Mazda
There is no one-size-fits-all pricing for Mazdas or any other brand when it comes to car wreckers. Still, there are a couple of steps you can take to get the best deal possible.
- Shop around - always get more than one quotation, and never take the first offer you get. By going to different Mazda wreckers and seeing how much each will offer, you’ll put yourself in a position to squeeze as many dollars from your car as possible.
- Make it presentable - give your car a thorough clean. That is an age-old bit of wisdom when it comes to selling vehicles to buyers, and it applies to selling it to a wrecker as well. Sometimes, all it takes is a good car wash and a vacuum to help the buyer appreciate the vehicle's actual value.
The Best Mazda Wreckers in Australia
Now, let’s look at our pick for the best Mazda wreckers in the country.
New South Wales
#1 Sydney Auto Spares & Dismantlers
- Phone: 02 9709 2800
- Address: 46 - 48 Claremont Avenue Greenacre 2190
- Website: Sydneyautodismantlers.com.au
If you’re in NSW with a Mazda you’d like to get rid of, one business you can ring up is Sydney Auto Spares & Dismantlers. You can see from their website that they brand themselves as “Sydney’s Leading Wreckers for Japanese, European, & Local Auto Parts”. Well, the word “Japanese” in that tagline is certainly what we’re looking for.
They’ve been in business for over 20 years in Greenacre, working on a wide range of car brands and models, Mazdas among them.
Aside from paying cash for your old Mazda, they also offer a car removal service. That means you won’t have to move your Mazda an inch! If you accept their offer, they’ll come and get it from you.
#2 GDM Wrecking
- Phone: 07 3277 3222
- Address: 2 Lilydale St, Archerﬁeld QLD 4108
- Website: Carwreckers.com
GDM Wrecking is a familiar name among Brisbane Mazda wreckers, and for good reasons. Like many excellent wreckers, they’re good with many different car brands. But, of course, they’re on this list because they work with Mazdas, too.
Their website has an easy-to-use form to request a quotation, and they even offer a free pickup service!
#3 Wrecky Car Wreckers Melbourne
- Phone: 0416 126 640
- Address: 226-228 Frankston – Dandenong Rd, Dandenong South VIC 3175
- Website: Wrecky.com.au
For Mazda wreckers in VIC specifically, we’ve got Wrecky Car Wreckers over in Melbourne. These guys are a perfect example of what an excellent wrecker looks like, especially with how transparent they are about their process on the website.
They’ve got a video and charts explaining that you’ll start by requesting a quote from them by phone or email. Once accepted, you’ll schedule an appointment. Then, you’ll get paid, and they’ll tow the car away.
That might not be a big deal for people who are used to working with wreckers. But for a newbie, that clear information goes a very long way and tells you that the business is trustworthy!
#4 Recycled Auto Parts Tasmania (RAPT)
- Phone: 03 6272 0515
- Address: 18 Knoll Street Glenorchy TAS 7010
- Website: Raptas.com.au
Are you located in Tasmania? Don’t worry. There are some pretty great wreckers there, too. You can start with RAPT or Recycled Auto Parts Tasmania.
Mazda owners would probably like to know that this business was formerly known as Just Japanese Auto Recyclers, a strong indicator that the people here are no strangers to Japanese cars.
#5 Tony’s Auto Wreckers
- Phone: 08 9274 3338
- Address: 7-11 Stanhope Gardens Midvale WA 6056
- Website: Tonysauto.com.au
Here’s another familiar name among Mazda wreckers in Perth: Tony’s.
This wrecker is an all-rounder, with a very long list of brands and models in their yards. The most important thing you need to know about them is that they’ve been in the business for more than four decades, and they take in Mazda models, too.
#6 Just Nissmaz
- Phone: 08 8359 1444
- Address: No. 1 Rafferty Street Wingfield
- Website: Nissmaz.com.au
For those of you in SA, check out Just Nissmaz. The name is a dead giveaway: they specialise in vehicles from two brands – Nissan and Mazda. But, as you’d expect from any good wrecker, they buy old cars and sell second-hand parts as well.
So, if you’re looking for a final ‘resting place’ where your dear old Mazda will feel right at home among its kind, this is the place you want.
Connect to the Pros Fast!
Suppose you can’t find what you’re looking for with the wreckers on this list. Don’t worry! Instead of keying in Mazda wreckers near me in a search engine, use Carpart.com.au’s Directory instead. There, you can select “Auto Wreckers & Recyclers” from the dropdown menu to find businesses in your immediate area.
By Ray Hasbollah